Good thing is that government has realized that 90% of the IT business is spread across only 7 districts in India(including Pune and Mumbai), so now they want to spread this in Nasik, Aurangabad and Nagpur because these cities have that kind of potential.
The steps are:
- To provide world class IT infrastructure to people
- To make people computer literate
- Computerize government procedures to maintain transparency
- Grant upto Rs.15lakh for institutes for setting up computer labs
- A dedicated center will be set up as a part of Pune University to create digital library
- A Software university will also be set up
But I did not found anything about Linux & Open Source in this policy. Maharashtra Government should seriously stop promoting MS-CIT course by Microsoft and start promoting FOSS (Free and Open Source Softwares) in Eovernment and in Education too.
I look forward to see each and every district in Maharashtra to have a IT-Park. :)